9.03.2011

Road Trip From Hell


So I usually don't blog when on vacation but I had to make an exception.... 
The road trip to Vegas got of to rocky start....  We didn’t leave till 3 pm because I was still packing and showering and running some last minute errands, seeing as this was a very sporadic trip. We decided to drive my dads car because it has satellite radio and a IPod hook up. When we started to reach the construction that is happening around the Provo area and a Semi-Truck got a little confused on where his lane was and were our lane was…. He almost sideswiped our car! (We were in the right) This is a little scary, my mother tried her best to not get us killed, and in the process she hit 3 just round construction cones, which did some damage to the left side bumper of the car. If you know my mother she did not take this lightly. She was swearing up a storm and drove even slower then usual. To say she was rattled by this experience is an understatement, but she refused to let Em or I drive. Around hour 3 the car check oil light came on. Seeing how we are girls and have no working knowledge of how to check or change oil. She got off the freeway in Cedar and thus started the adventure of the Madsen girls trying to check the oil. First we had to find the book- you would think it would be in the front compartment like every other car ever made but NO it was found in the trunk in a secret compartment- by the spar tire. To get to this we had to remove all the luggage, which as you know was more the 5 huge bags because we don’t travel light. After getting the book we found out how to pop the hood, where the dipstick is, and the oil compartment was located. Then we had to buy the “right” kind of oil, or risk burning up the engine. After we fought about that for a bit and calling my dad a trillion times, we put some oil in and were on our way. This little experience took forever! But then Em took the driver seat and we were cruising. During this time my mother requested we put in her “pod” (IPod) because she couldn’t “stand” our music any longer. After we gave her reasons why that would be a not great idea she deiced to her own music with headphones in. Which is a great solution, but as she is getting her stuff out she begins to ask these types of questions “How do I turn this on?” “Where do the headphones go in?” “How do you turn up the volume?” ect… this lead to me losing my cool and my mother crying because “it has been a very hard week for you, and I feel for you.” Ok so this melted my cold heart and made me feel super bad for losing my cool. We rolled into Vegas around 9ish and checked into the Palazzo, which is an amazing beautiful hotel and got some very much needed food and sleep.

We woke up today around noon and ordered room service. (What a hard life we lead.) Now we are all in much better moods and are off to start our retail therapy!

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Elise this story was cracking me up! I can just picture it! That sounds so fun to be on a girls trip in Vegas, and I bet you will shop til you drop! Have fun:)