10.11.2011

CHICAGO

Well friends Fall Break is here! 

And it could not have come at a better time.
I was so burnt out from school that I NEEDED a break to go visit my Casey (my wifey)
It was planned very spur of the moment trip to Chicago with another bestie... Katherine
Side Note: She took time out of running her family business, The Flip Flop Shops- GO NOW!

We left Sunday morning and had to be in the car driving to the airport by 7:15 AM
As you may as well know, I'm defiantly not a morning girl. 
Shockingly I was ready to go and we made our way to the airport.

We were (brace yourself) early! So we went and got some hot chocolate and chocolate muffins for breakfast as we waited for our flight. We then were talking pictures, cause lets be honest.... 
We are... um...well photo whores... I said it, and meant it. 
Then Kath decided to go figure out how we can get our seats together and finds out they are shutting the gate to our plane!

WHAT? It's not like this is our first time flying and we didn't know how things work! We are so unreal, we grab our stuff and started running catch our flight. While doing so Kath spills HOT chocolate all down the front of her. 
As the sweet friend I am..  I laughed, luckily she did too!

We made the plane and found two empty seats together. As Kath is sitting down she clears her throat and the old man across the row leans over and ask/yelled at her "Are you sick?" 
Kath is sweet and says no, as I am silently chuckling, as Kath turns to me and joins in. 

The rest of the flight was magical, as Kath and I were dead asleep for almost the entire thing. 
We landed in Chicago a head of schedule and bought our CTA passes and we were on our way to Casey and Sarah's amazing down town apartment.
We had to take the subway and a bus to get there, which was a very eye opening experience for me.. Kath couldn't stop laughing the whole way cause my face I hear was priceless. 

Finally we made it, and it was a beautiful reunion. We went straight to lunch at an amazing pizza place where of course we got the deep dish style! So good, I for sure ate my weight, and loved every moment of it.

Monday, we were out of the apartment by noon for lunch. Sarah gregariously came with us to help us find a good place to eat and to help us get around. Kath and I couldn't have been more thrilled. 
We tried 4 different places but because it was Columbus Day most everything was closed. But we ended up at the Chicago Diner- Which is a vegan restaurant. 
This was a new experience for both of us, and we loved it! (Casey was worried for me because she knows my mom would be so disappointed because she raised me on hamburgers... sorry mom haha)



Then Sarah had to get back to her real life and Kath and I decided to go some touristy things. 
We went and saw the Fountain that is featured in a bunch of stuff.. 
like Married with Children (TV show) intro. And we were so lucky we went today because they turn the water off tomorrow for winter. 
Then we went and saw the metal bean... which everyone told us didn't exist... what now!

Then we hit up and Architecture Boat Tour. SO amazing and we loved every moment.








We came home to meet Casey for dinner (she made spaghetti, delicious) and watched the Kim Kardashian Fairytale Wedding.

These first two days have been super awesome, and we have about 6 more to go.  So excited for more adventures and memories to be made.

Of course I have to add a picture overload.. So sorry

-E




No comments: