11.16.2011

Rough Times At The U of U Counseling Center


Ok so since I have declared my major I have gone into the counseling center every semester! 
This is just a precaution to make sure I am staying on track with all my classes, in order to walk this spring and really finish up the last two classes in my major in the summer to get my degree.


So I made my semester appointment per usual and was notified that my counselor had changed, but she had talked with my older counselor and knew my story and exactly what I needed. 
So I was feeling pretty excited about this appointment because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm almost done!
As I sit down and she pulls up my dars report and my excel class schedule worksheet.
As I am looking at my last two semesters I cant help but notice it has me taking 20+ credits these last two semesters.
This cant be right or even real…. 
It must be someone else’s file.


As I start talking to her she begins to tell me that my last counselor forgot a few classes that I had to take to graduate….
Um yeah I would say just a few!!!
 Are you kidding me?!
In addition to those few classes she forgot. She also failed to mention that I have to take a huge test to get into the Teacher Licensing program by December 5
I was not aware of this… People study for this test for months- you have to get a 173 out of 200.
And on top of all that I would need to write a paper about “Why I would be a great teacher” and 5 letters of recommendation.
AND I also would have to take the master test and get a 4.5 or higher out of 6 in the writing section.




OH OK…. Sure, Yeah I got this…..
So the fact that I am not Wonder Woman... 
my original plan won’t be able to happen.
I won’t be walking this Spring or really be graduating this Summer…..
S
o now I am going to have to either kick my butt to finish this December, or just graduate Spring 13.
To say that I am depressed about it…. yeah that would be an understatement.




I have to say I did not see this coming, but it's going to be ok….

No comments: